You wanted to bulk upload or import a batch of users into a group at once rather than setting up profiles individually. While there is no option to bulk upload users directly from the Groups page, you can send an invitation in bulk to those users.
Inviting a group of users to a Group at the same time can also be useful when you need to add multiple users simultaneously in a group.
This article provides information on how you can invite these users to create an account at one go by using a CSV file format.
Note: these users will be added automatically to that group only once they complete their profile.
1. Open up a spreadsheet tool (you can use Microsoft Excel, Open Office Calc, Mac Numbers or Google sheet or any other similar tool)
2. Format the content in either of the two following ways:
Emails can be stored in a single cell - using comma (,) as a delimiter:
Emails can be stored in a single column with each email in a separate cell - ie using line break as a delimiter:
3. Save the file with a .csv extension
4. Download it locally on your workstation
5. Follow the steps outlined in the Solution Section of the Inviting A User To A Create An App Account KB article taking into consideration the following:
- In step #3, use the csv file you created and add it to the box on the left
- In step #4, choose the group of your preference and do not select the 'Unassigned' option.
Note: Currently, the system does not allow assigning single users to multiple groups. You need to create new groups to cater to these users and overcome this limitation.
Check the Testing Section of the Inviting A User To A Create An App Account KB article.
Just remember that for the users to appear as members of the group they will have to complete their profile first by accepting the invitation and thus creating an account.