With the advancements in our Progressive Web App (PWA) product, BiznessApps has overhauled the Analytics offerings. More detail is added to the data to help your business better understand how your app is performing and to drive its growth. This article deals with the explanations of the various In-App Analytics offerings.
Let us take a look at the various In-App Analytics offerings.
Watch this video for a detailed overview of the features.
At the top, you will find your 'filters'. These are straightforward. You have the option to show just the 'live app' views. So, you can filter out the 'preview app', or you can show the 'preview app' data if this is a demo account as a sales tool. There, of course, are the date selections including a custom range option. These filters will apply to the entire analytics page content.
Module 1: App Sessions and Feature Visit
- App Sessions: This section will show you how many sessions (each time your app is opened and interacted with). You can hover over each point to see the exact date and number of sessions for that platform.
- Feature Visits: Here you will find sessions per feature. If you have many features in your application, this chart will scroll sideways to display all of your features. Keep in mind you can hover your cursor over each bar to get exact numbers.
Module 2: Platforms and Downloads
- Platforms: This section will show a percentage breakdown of the platforms your app sessions are coming from. Essentially this shows the percentage of sessions that are done on iOS, Android or PWA for any given time period.
- Downloads: As we cannot see exact download data that iTunes Connect and Google Play can provide, our downloads number is a ‘first launch’ metric. This means that if a user installs your app from the store but does not open it, we cannot see it yet. Also, if a user downloads the app, launches it, then later deletes the app and repeats, it will count as two first launches. To see the most accurate data here, checking your App Store analytics will always be the most accurate.
Module 3: Average Times and Devices
- Average Time In App: This module displays the average time your users are spending inside your apps per session. We recommend researching some industry data here as these numbers can vary depending on the purpose of your application.
- Devices: This data point is mostly for the PWA account. Here you can see what type of devices your customers are using and an overall percentage breakdown of those devices. Whether it is an iPad, Windows PC, Android or MacBook we will show the breakdown here. For any of the lesser used products, we will bucket under ‘unknown’.
Module 4: Global Impact
- Countries: Here you can find a breakdown of all of the countries your users are accessing your app from. Hover over the numbers to see the country breakdown inside each continent.
- Languages: This shows the language settings your users' devices are set to. Per the example below, during this time frame, there were users launching the app with all five of these language settings.