You have set up a custom subdomain for your Progressive Web App (PWA), but would prefer to use your root or base domain instead of a subdomain, this can happen because you want to take advantage of the shorter URL or due to SEO reasons.
- Your custom domain has been set up following our Adding a PWA Custom Domain article.
- You have received email confirmation that the subdomain has been validated by the CMS.
- You can access your PWA by navigating to the custom subdomain.
subdomain.yourdomain.com with your real domain and subdomain in the following examples:
- On your GoDaddy account, search the list of domains for
yourdomain.com, and select "Manage DNS".
- On the bottom of the DNS Management page, look for the Forwarding section.
- Select ADD on the DOMAIN section, a form will appear.
- Fill the FORWARD TO field with
- (Optional) If you have SSL configured in your subdomain, you can change the
- Set the FORWARD TYPE to Permanent (301).
- On SETTINGS, pick Forward Only.
- Check the "Update my nameservers and DNS settings to support this change" checkbox.
- Click the "SAVE" button.
- The change will start propagating, this can take up to 48 hours.
yourdomain.com, if the forwarding has propagated correctly, you should be redirected to your working PWA at