Google rejected your Android app due to Inappropriate Content Policy and more specifically because of references to marijuana and/or tobacco and alcohol. This article explains why this occurs and how you can work around it.
You received the following error message on your Google account.
After a recent review, we found that your app <app_package_name> is not compliant with one or more of our Developer Program Policies.
Your app contains content that doesn't comply with the Inappropriate Content policy.
We don’t allow apps that facilitate the sale of marijuana or marijuana products, regardless of legality /
We don't allow apps that facilitate the sale of tobacco (including e-cigarettes) or encourage the irresponsible use of alcohol or tobacco.
You received this because your app contained references that were considered to promote the sale of either marijuana products or alcohol and tobacco.
According to Google's Inappropriate Policy, so that they can ensure that Google Play remains a safe and respectful platform, such references are considered as prohibited content that is harmful or inappropriate for their users. Thus your app got rejected.
- Android app
To avoid your Android app from being rejected, you have to read through the Inappropriate Content policy for more details and bring your app into compliance by making appropriate changes to your app. More specifically you should try to:
- On your app's Dashboard enable the Sign-up feature. Check the Content Section of this KB article to see how you can enable the Sign-up Consent and the Age Verification flow too.
- On your app's Dashboard, remove (if any) portions of the About Us page and any other portions that refer to marijuana, tobacco or cigarettes.
- On the Google Play Console, change the App Store's Listing and more specifically the Short and Full Description so they won't contain any reference to marijuana, tobacco or cigarettes. For more information, please check Upload an app - Set up your store listing Google's KB article.
- Check that your App is compliant with all the Developer Program Policies
- Republish your app
Once you've made these changes and resubmitted your app to Google, you will not get this error message and your app will be published on the Google Play Store.
- App Removed From Google Play Store
- Configuring the Sign up Login Feature
- Updating/Republishing your app