You changed your app's Navigation Styling settings (eg an image or an icon), but while previewing your app you noticed the changes were not applied. This article explains why this occurs and how you can solve it.
Changes in your apps' Navigation Styling settings(eg navigation icon background image change) through the Design menu do not display on the app.
This is usually because you preview an app feature where the Custom Design setting is enabled and thus it overrides the Global changes made on the Design menu.
You have two options to go about it:
- If you want to use the global design for that specific feature, disable the Custom Design
On the App Dashboard, navigate to Create -> Build -> <Feature> and select Disable Custom Design on the upper right-hand corner
Note: You have to repeat this process for all the app features you wish to disable the Custom Design for.
- Change the apps' specific feature Custom Design
1. On the App Dashboard, navigate to Create -> Build -> <Feature> and select the Custom Design tab
2. Scroll to the bottom and click the 'More Options'
3. Edit the Navigation Styling according to your needs
4. Once settings have been adjusted as desired, click Save at the top to apply the custom design model.
The changes you make will reflect on your app and you will be able to notice the difference while previewing your app.