Google rejected your Android app due to "Violation of the Payments Policy" and more specifically because you had included in your app a Website Feature allowing donations. This article explains why this occurs and how you can work around it.
You saw the following error message on your Google account.
Status: App not available on Google Play
Step 1: Fix the policy violation with your app
During review, we found that your app violates the Payments policy. You can read through the Payments policy page for more details.
You received this because your app contained a website feature that allowed users to donate without utilizing Google Play in-App billing System.
According to Google, donations may only be collected within an app under certain conditions:
- Donations are only permitted for validated non-profit charitable organizations (for example, a validated 501(c)(3) charitable organization or the local equivalent).
Any collection must be made through a secure payment system.
You can review Google Play's System Billing Overview for more information
- Use of the Website Feature
To avoid your Android app from being rejected due to the Violation of the Payments policy, you have to enable the site/link allowing users to make donations to open in a browser, rather than within the app. Thus you need to follow the steps below:
On your App's Dashboard navigate to Create -> Build and locate the website feature where you have enabled the donation on
2. Under the Content tab choose the website View (which contains a link to allow donations) and click on the Edit Button
3. In the Edit WebView window, enable the 'Open in new browser window' option and click Save
4. Repeat steps #2 and #3 for all the website views where payments for donations are allowed.
You will not get this error message and your app will be published on the Google Play Store.
Can we say the same about Apple as well; "Guideline 3.2.2 - Business - Other Business Model Issues - Unacceptable"? Either by adding it to this KBA or the Apple Rejection Due To 3.2 Guideline - Business
Please sign in to leave a comment.