The App Code is a unique identifier we assign your app. It can be used to preview your app on any device. The app code can be found on the top left corner of the CMS Client Dashboard, below the app name, as in the screenshot below:
The App Code is not editable by the user, this article explains how you can work around changing the app code by duplicating the app as a Partner/Reseller. You can also find the App Code in the Edit Info menu of your app, but as you can see, it is a read-only field.
Note: If your account is a Single-App/Individual account, you cannot use the method described in this article to have a different appcode.
- You have a Partner/Reseller account with access to the apps that require the app code change/update.
You cannot directly change the appcode of an App, as a workaround, you can duplicate the app and then assign a new app code to the newly created app.
1. Under your Partner Dashboard, navigate to 'My Apps' and select the app you wish to change the app code for.
2. Click on the 3 dots () and select the 'More -> Duplicate' option
3. In the 'Duplicate' Window, fill in the fields assigning the new app code to the newly created app
Note: The username must be unique too. Thus you cannot use the same as the one from the original app
4. Click on 'Duplicate' at the bottom of the window
The newly created app will have been created bearing the app code of your preference.
Navigate to 'My Apps' under your Partner Dashboard and search with the new app code having chosen the 'App Code' option in the drop-down menu of the search field.
The newly created app will appear on the list