You have configured your SSL certificate for your custom domain (for PWA and/or Client Panel) so it can be secure, but there appears to be a security problem when accessing your custom domain. This article explains why this might happen and how you can work around it.
You got one of the following errors:
- Your custom domain seems to be broken having an invalid certificate name. For instance:
- Your connection is not private:
- SSL error when trying to access the PWA or the Client Panel. For instance, you get the following message:
Below you can find a list of things to check to troubleshoot your problem and the corresponding solutions.
Check That the SSL Certificate is Valid
Most of the industry browsers have a padlock next to the URL. You can click on that padlock on the address bar to view the certificate information. All digital certificates have a finite lifespan and are no longer recognized as valid upon expiration. So you need to check if they've expired.
There are various ways to check the validity. For instance, the Google Chrome browser has added an option to show automatically if the SSL certificate is valid
If you click on that link you can check when the SSL certificate expires
If you find out that the SSL certificate for your Client Panel is expired and this is managed on your end, you will have to contact the Certificate Authority to request a new certificate. Once received, create a Support Request with all of the certificate files (Private Key, Certificate, Certificate Authority) attached to the case.
On the other hand, if the SSL certificate is managed by BiznessApps which is the case for all PWA domains and some Client Panels, it will have an entry similar to "customxx.pwahosting.com" in the "Issued to" field under the General tab:
In this case, Contact Support with the details of the problem as it is possible the automated renewal process using Let's Encrypt encountered an issue.
Certificate (Invalid) - What to Look For
In the case where you check the validity of the certificate and find that it is invalid, it may be due to the domain rather than the expiration date.
When we check the certificate's information we find:
In this case, the domain does not match the domain the certificate was issued to. If it is a multi-domain certificate, click the Details tab and click on Subject Alternative Name to see the list of domains that the certificate is valid for. Contact your certificate issuer to add your domain to the list if this is the case. Once it is added, you will need to provide the Private Key, Certificate File, and Certificate Authority File to Support as described in the Adding SSL to Your Client Panel article.
Check the CNAME Record and Confirm if it Was Configured Correctly
- For issues with the PWA URL, you can use the DNS Checker to confirm the availability of the CNAME
To use: Enter your domain name, select CNAME from the drop-down, then click Search
If DNS has propagated, DNS servers listed below the search bar will appear with a green checkmark.
- Check on the CMS platform to see if the custom domain is set properly. Follow the Testing Section of the Adding a Custom Domain for a Progressive Web App PWA KB article.
- If there is still an issue, reach out to your CNAME hosting provider to verify the configs and DNS resolution for the subdomain linking.
- For issues with the Subdomain Client Panel, you can use DNS Checker to check and confirm that the subdomain is set up correctly and points to
cms.mobileapphelper.comwith a CNAME record.
- If it is not correct, please check your subdomain setup. For instance, if you have used the GoDaddy service to set your subdomain, You can check the Setting up a GoDaddy subdomain KB article for more information.
- For more information, please refer to the following KBs:
3. If the above didn't help you and you still cannot figure out what the issue is, please Contact Support providing the domain you are having issues with and the steps you've already taken. The BiznessApps Support team will run some checks on their own and - if needed - will escalate the issue to our Engineering team.
<supportagent>Support agents should retrace the customer's steps and if necessary, escalate this issue to the proper team as per the BiznessApps Routing Table</supportagent>
You will be able to access your web app and/or your Client Panel through your Custom Domain URL.
Please sign in to leave a comment.