You can use the subdomain you set up to provide your clients with a white-labeled portal to manage their apps. As a reseller, you set up a subdomain with a CNAME record pointing to
cms.mobileapphelper.com and you need to use this subdomain to create your Client Panel and provide your clients with a portal URL link they can use to manage their apps. This portal will be white-labeled, which means it will not have a reference to our platform.
This article describes what information you need to give us, so you can provide your clients with a Client Login Panel ULR branded by you to access their apps.
Note: Subdomains typically have a prefix (for example
login.smbmarketing.com). The domains should not have any reference to BiznessApps in them (for example
apps.appsforbizness.com) otherwise, the BiznessApps website will show up when a user searches for the client panel.
- You should own a reseller/partner account
- You should own a domain and use it so to create a subdomain that points to
cms.mobileapphelper.comwith a CNAME record.
Use the DNS Propagation Checker to check and confirm that the subdomain is set up correctly and points to
cms.mobileapphelper.com with a CNAME record.
- If it is not correct, please check your subdomain set up. For instance, if you have used the GoDaddy service to set your subdomain, You can check the Setting up a GoDaddy subdomain KB article for more information.
- When the subdomain is correct, please raise a ticket with Support providing the following information:
- Your partner name and email address
- Subdomain URL you have set up for your client panel.
Follow the procedure outlined in the Adding a Partner's Subdomain Link for the Client Panel KB article.
Note: Please also evaluate if there is a need for a change in your current support email address considering your new subdomain. If there is, please follow the steps described in Updating The Support Email Address For Resellers article.
Once you are informed by the BiznessApps team that the subdomain set up is done, your subdomain will start working and your clients should be able to log in through their WhiteLabeled CMS.
Note: This procedure can take up to 3 business days to complete