Upon uploading a file in the WYSIWYG Editor, you get a "Something went wrong. Please try again later" error on the page. This article explains why you are unable to upload a file (eg video or pdf doc) and what you can do.
You inserted a file (video, pdf etc) in the WYSIWYG Editor (usually in an Info-Tier feature) and received an error "Something went wrong. Please try again later" on the page.
This error is usually related to:
- the format/extension of the file is not supported or
- the format/extension is supported, but the file size exceeds the limit/threshold of 32 MB allowed by the platform
- If this file is a video we recommend using the embed/insert video feature of the WYSIWYG Editor. We recommend you upload your video on Youtube or Vimeo and just make a link to it in the WYSIWYG Editor by clicking on the 'Video' button. For more information, check the WYSIWYG Editor KB article
- Otherwise (if you cannot use vimeo/youtube for video files, or if you want to upload a file other than video such as pdf, doc etc) please note :
- you can upload only one of the following supported formats:
*Note: These formats are in the roadmap and will be introduced in the 50.21.2 version. Please check our Release notes.
- AND you should try to reduce its size under 32 MB using an appropriate tool. For example, if your file is a video (and you cannot upload it on Youtube or Vimeo), you can try online converters that compress the video size (eg using Adobe Premiere).
You will be able to upload your file without any problem and thus you won't be getting this error message.