When your app is published, you have the option on the CMS platform to add your Android Market/Google Play URL. This can be done in the Edit -> Info menu on your app under the Google Play Store URL field.
You may need to do that for various reasons. The most common are:
- Enable Android Push Notifications. Android push notifications often fail if the Android Market URL is missing from the Edit Info section of the app.
- Enable QR Codes for sharing the app (check the 'Applicable to Android' Section). Since QR Codes are scannable URLs, they need to be linked up to a provided URL in order to function properly. Inputting the market URLs enables this function.
- Enable the Tell a Friend feature. This feature requires activation since it pulls the app listing URLs directly from the Info section. Without URLs filled in, users will only see http:// when they try to share the app with friends
You can check the KBs under the Related Articles section for more information.
Finding Your Android Market URL on the Google Play Store.
- Visit the Android App Marketplace in your browser.
Once you have reached the Google Play page, type your app's name into the Search field at the top.
Note: Using quotation marks can help limit the search.
- Locate your app in the list and click it. The Play Store listing will load in your browser.
Copy the full Android Market URL. For instance:
Configuring Your Android Market URL on the CMS side
Log in to your Partner Dashboard and go to the My Apps section.
- Locate your app on the list, right-click and select Edit > Info from the menu.
- Paste your Android Market /Google Play Store URL into the proper field.
Note: Be sure to delete the 's' in 'https' from these URLs, as it can cause issues with push notifications.
Click Save and you are done!
Note: If your URL's prefix is '
https://', then try removing the '
s' and saving it. This '
s' can sometimes interfere with push notification delivery. We recommend making this change for the App Store URL as well.
Once you have set the correct Google Play URL, your Android push notifications will start working properly. Moreover, you can make use of the QR codes functionality, as well as enable the Tell a Friend feature