You can use SEO techniques to improve your web app's (PWA) search engine rankings. Thus, for instance, your app can score higher in Google results making your app website show up in Google search.
You searched for your web app website on popular search engines and realized the app does not show in the top search results.
You can optimize your web app so that search engines like Google, Yahoo, and Bing can find this app and set the app higher on their results list by utilizing Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques. Making your web app more SEO friendly helps you advertise your brand and makes it easier for your customers to find and share the products and services you offer.
- You should have added a Custom Domain for your Progressive Web Application. That is, you should have customized your app's URL by adding your Custom Domain and not use the following default domain for your Web app:
1. Log on to your app and navigate to Settings.
2. Choose the Domain & SEO tab.
3. Add a page Title or "Title Tag" to your web app (PWA). The title of your web app is displayed within the title of your browser tab. It is used by search engines to index your web app. It is essential to have a good title, as this positively influences your ranking and click-through rate.
4. Add a Description or "Meta Description Tag" to your web app (PWA). This is the description of your web app as it is displayed in search results. Having a clear and concise description results in more customers clicking through to your web app. The recommended length is 150 characters.
5. Add Keywords or "Meta Keywords" to your web app (PWA). Keywords are used to index your web app. Yahoo and Bing are the only search engines that still use this information. It has minimal impact on your SEO. Keywords should be no more than 20 words and separated by commas and spaces
Note: If you would like to know more about Search Engine Optimization (SEO) as it relates to websites and the future of web apps (PWAs), you can review Google's Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Starter Guide.
Your PWA is expected to list/appear higher in the Search Engine results.