You received a push notification certificate error "You are not allowed to perform this operation" while rebuilding your Apple Push Notifications (APN) cert. You can resolve this by making your user an Admin or App Manager with access to Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles on your Apple Account.
You got the following error while rebuilding your iOS/Apple Certificate:
You are not allowed to perform this operation. Please check with one of your Team Admins.
This error is caused when your Apple user does not have the appropriate access permissions to create a new Push Notification Certificate.
- Apple Developer account
1. Log in to your Apple Developer account
2. Navigate to Users and Access and select the People tab
3. i) Make your user is an Admin OR
ii) make your user an App Manager with access to Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles.
4. Save your changes
a) Check the Adding Access To Apps On App Store Connect KB article on how to go about providing access
b) For more information regarding the various Apple Developer Permissions and Roles, you can check this Program Roles article
This error will disappear and now you will be able to use your account details to perform actions for the client such as rebuilding certificates and publishing updates.
- "Cert Error" When Push Publishing The Apple Push Notification (APN) Certificate
- iOS Error: There was a problem sending out your push notifications
- Push Notifications Do Not Show on Device
- Adding Access To Apps On App Store Connect