This article shows how you can use the Group Management Add-On to send out email invitations to potential users so they can create automatically an account for your application by adding a Full Name and a Password.
You need to invite users to create an account for your app. You may also want to add these users to specific groups so you can provide them with a more fine-grained and tailored to the app user experience. A group of users will have access to a specific set of features giving them the ability to view only the content that best meets their needs.
- You should have enabled the Group Management Add-on
1. Navigate to Manage > Customers > Groups and click on Invite Users.
2. Two options will be presented:
a. Drag CSV file here or Browse.
Review the Add a Batch of Users article, in case you need to add a group of users at one go.
b. Add the user's email address manually. To add multiple addresses, use a comma to separate them.
3. (Optional) Modify the From Email field. That would be the admin's email address. Be sure to not use a Yahoo, Hotmail or AOL email address in the from email as it will be blocked. You can leave this blank as well.
4. Assign this user to a Group or choose Unassigned if you don't want them to be part of a specific Group. Click Send
Once the invite has been created, the customer will receive an email with a link to Create Account. The image below is a sample of the email the user would receive.
Once the app users select the Create Account, they will start the account creation process by filling in the required information. Once completed, they will click Create to create the account and will be able to log in to their app.
Please sign in to leave a comment.