Usually, the best way to go about solving issues with malfunctioning app features and push notifications is to republish your app. This article describes how you can republish your app to get it updated and reinstated.
You faced app issues related to push notifications, app features not working properly or an app that appears to be deactivated/cancelled or even an app removed from GooglePlay or Apple Store.
This is often because your app is not updated (ie on an old release) and is not taking advantage of all the latest rolled-out fixes that come with the most recent releases. Republishing forces the app to get reactivated and thus published on the latest source code ensuring that all available fixes are applied to your app.
You can have a read at the When Do I need to Republish an App KB article for further information on when you need to get them reinstated.
1. Navigate to the BiznessApps CMS and click on 'My Apps' on the left-hand side
2. Locate the app that has the issue and click on the '3 dots' and then select 'Republish'
3. You will be directed to the publish section of your app. Please follow the Publish steps as usual. For more information regarding the publish step, please check the article related to the device you wish to publish your app on (iOS or Android or PWA) in the Related Articles Section.
4. a. If it is an Android App, don't forget to upload the new APK on the Google Play Store.
b. If it is an iOS App, the BiznessApps team will review it and take care of uploading it to the Apple Store. Should you wish to check the publishing progress, check the Checking the Publishing status for my iOS App KB article.
Once, your app is live on the Google and/or Apple Store, you will be able to receive Push Notifications or your malfunctioning feature will work as expected.
Also, your app will be published bearing the latest release.
1. Navigate to My Apps and select the app you wish and click on the Edit -> Status
2. Check that the date is the current date