Most changes you make to your app features are updated and distributed automatically when you save them in the CMS Panel, however, certain 'publish step' app changes or issues with updated features may require you to republish your iOS or Android app. This article describes how you can republish your app to get it updated and reinstated.
You can find a list of changes and issues that require you to republish your apps in our When Do I need to Republish an App KB article.
1. Depending on your account type, follow the corresponding steps:
- If you have a Single-App/Individual account, go to the Publish section on the left side drawer menu.
- If you have a Partner/Reseller account, navigate to the CMS, and click on 'My Apps' on the left-hand side.
- Locate the app that has the issue and click on the '3 dots' and then select 'Republish'
2. You will be directed to the Publish section of your app. Please follow the Publish steps as usual. For more information regarding this step, please check the article related to each device you wish to publish your app on:
3. a. If it is an Android App, don't forget to upload the new APK on the Google Play Store.
b. If it is an iOS App, the BiznessApps team will review it and take care of uploading it to the Apple Store. Should you wish to check the publishing progress, check the Checking the Publishing status for my iOS App KB article.
Once your app is live on Google Play and/or Apple's AppStore, you will be able to receive Push Notifications or your malfunctioning feature will work as expected.
Please Note republishing your app won't generate any downtime.
Also, your app will be published bearing the latest release, to check if the process was successful you can:
1. Navigate to My Apps and select the app you wish and click on the Edit -> Status
2. Check that the date is the current date