During the republishing of an unpublished iOS app, you may receive a message related to a resubmission or first time iOS submission fee. When republishing an iOS app you have previously unpublished, you will see a message like this:
All iOS republishes require a $25 resubmission fee.
All first time iOS submissions require a $199 fee.
This article explains why this message is received and how to not be charged.
One of the messages above appears when republishing an app that was previously unpublished.
- An iOS app that has previously been moved to an unpublished state.
- The iOS App Store URL for the subject app (Finding App Store URLs For Client Apps).
In both cases, the solution is the same.
- Accept the fee in the popup window (you will not be charged if you follow these procedures).
- Fill in the 'special instructions field with "NOT 1ST TIME - DO NOT PUSH TO APPLE". If possible, include the existing App Store link from the dashboard.
- Click on the ellipsis menu (3-dots menu).
- Select Edit > Info from the popup menu.
- Copy the iOS App Store URL.
- Notify Support that the app needs to be removed from the publishing pipeline. It is best to do this by phone (+1(800)549-8138) to ensure that the process is interrupted before the app is submitted to Apple and a fee is applied.
The app is published, and no fee has been charged.
- Open the App Store.
- Verify that the app is available in the store.
- Open the app.
- Verify that the app opens without a notice that it is unpublished or inactive.
- Support can verify that no charge has been applied.