After uploading the AAB file generated by Biznessapps to the Google Play Console, one might encounter the following error: "You need to use a different package name because 'com.app_name.layout' already exists in Google Play."
As the error message suggests, the problem is that one tried to publish an AAB file having the exact same package name as an existing app in the Google Play Store.
To resolve this issue, access to the backend is required to update the package name, and one needs to Contact Support with the details of the issue along with the affected app code.
- Log in to the Super Admin Dashboard.
- Go to Apps > search for the App Code.
- Click on the 3-dotted icon > Edit > Info.
- Under the Edit Info tab, scroll down to Android Package, and edit the package name.
For example, edit the package name from com.testapp.layout to com.testapp1.layout.
- Click Save.
- Resubmit the app and send the new AAB file you will receive in the automated email to the customer, so they can upload the app to the Play Store.
Alternatively, let the customer know the package name has been updated and to Resubmit the app on their end.
After receiving the new AAB file with the updated package name, one will be able to successfully publish the Android app without getting any errors.