When uploading your Android APK file to Google Play Store you receive a "You need to use a different package name because <com.app_appname> is already used by one of your other applications " error. This article explains why this occurs and what steps you can take to resolve it or change the package name of the app by contacting Support.
You received the following error message when trying to upload an APK file you received in our automated email after submitting successfully the app on the CMS platform.
You need to use a different package name because <com.app_appname> is already used by one of your other applications. You uploaded an APK or Android App Bundle that is signed with a key that is also used to sign APKs that are delivered to users. Because you are enrolled in App Signing bu Google Play, you sign in to your APK or Android App Bundle with a new key before you upload it.
It is received as the certificates from the existing app do not match the app (APK) that you want to upload. This would generally occur
- the Google Play App signing option has been used for this app or
- if the app is created on another App Builder
- the app is 'suspended'/locked (eg when a customer's google developer account terminated)
In the case of BiznessApps it is usually because of the signing option that has been enabled. That means this error is usually the result of enrolling for Google Play App Signing when initially uploading the APK.
- APK file you received in the automated email after submitting the file on the CMS platform
- If the problem is with the Google Play app signing, you should just simply deactivate it while publishing your app, as it is not supported by BiznessApps.
- If the app is not live yet, you could delete the listing and start from scratch.
1. Log into your Google console and go to All Applications.
2. Click on the respective app that you'd like to delete.
3. Look at the very top where your app name is located. If your app says DRAFT, right next to it is the Delete button.
- Alternatively, if you want to keep the existing upload and remove it only once the new one is published, follow the steps as outlined in the Disabling Google Play App Signing while publishing an app KB article.
- If the problem is not Google Play app signing specific (eg it appears that the app is locked), please contact Support.
You will not receive this error message upon uploading your APK and you will be able to proceed with the app publishing on the Google Play Store.
- "You Uploaded An APK That Is Signed With A Different Certificate" Error Upon Uploading On Google Play Store
- "Upload Failed" Error When Uploading APK To Google Play Store Using App Signing
- Disabling Google Play App Signing while publishing an app