The first step of Publishing an Android App on the Google Play Platform is to submit the app using our CMS Platform. This article explains what needs to be done so that you can successfully submit an Android app for publishing it on the CMS side.
- You have an application with all the necessary app information for publishing filled in.
- You have an active email account.
1. Log in to the CMS platform and from your dashboard's My Apps menu, locate the app you wish to publish, click on the 3 dots button, and then click Republish/Publish.
Make sure that the Publish step content is complete and up-to-date, as the majority of this information is built into the APK file.
Note: Single App Clients do not have a dashboard view and can navigate to the Publish step after logging in.
2. Choose App Icon, Mobile and Tablet Splash Screen. Ensure all metadata (at the bottom of the page) has been entered correctly and is up-to-date and then select the checkbox for Android, in the Publishing section.
Below you can find information regarding the fields you see in the above picture:
|App Name||This is the name that appears in the App Store and Google Play. Users will search for this name to locate the app.|
|App Icon Name||This field indicates the name that appears below the icon after an app is installed on a device. It can be up to 12 characters and is typically just a shortened version of the App Name.|
|First Name||First Name|
|Last Name||Last Name|
|Copyright||This field shows the copyright you would like to see in the App Store listing. Usually, this is the customer’s business name (whether they are a Reseller or a Single Client).|
|Official Website||The website URL for the business (must include the http:// prefix)|
|Industry Type||Industry Type|
|Business Type||Business Type|
A Splash Screen is the first image a user sees when they launch an app. Thus this can serve as a great marketing tool and should be used tactfully.
Splash Loading Screens are built into the app file and require an update to be changed.
That is why your screenshots must be exactly as you would like them when you publish your app.
Splash Loading Screen Dimensions
Follow the dimensions as suggested in the screenshot below:
💡 Do's and Don'ts tips from the experts!
The App Icon appears both in the app listing and on the device's screen once installed.
The App Icon is built into an app file, called the Android Package (APK) file that is generated when you submit your app.
💡 Points to Consider While Creating an App Icon!
3. Click on the Submit button on the upper right-hand corner
4. Now you have to fill out the email address field. This is where your APK file will be sent.
Note: Unmasked emails (@gmail.com, rather than @yourappcompany.com) work best for receiving APK files.
5. Click Next.
6. Enter any Special Instructions or the Support Case you may have and then click Submit.
Note: The 'Special Instructions' field is a required field and as such must contain some content. For instance, if it is the first time you are submitting an app, you can write 'first time submission'. If you are republishing it you can write the changes implemented from the previous submission.
7. Click Submit
Note: To carry on with publishing the app onto the Google Play Store, please refer to the Uploading an App onto the Google Platform KB article.
If the submission is successful, you will receive the APK file via email shortly (typically it will take a few minutes up to 30 minutes). Download the file straight from the email.
The content of the email will be similar as in the screenshot below:
Note: If the email is not received, check the APK File Not Received After Publishing Android App KB article