A progressive web application (PWA) is an application delivered and viewed as a website that looks and feels like a mobile app. Users browse a Progressive Web App on their browsers (Chrome/IE/Firefox etc) with a URL link just like with any website. This article outlines the process of publishing a Progressive Web Application or republish a PWA that was unpublished previously.
You want to publish your PWA so that a Web App URL link where the web app is hosted will be sent to you.
- PWA/web App
- email address
1. Logon to the CMS platform and from your dashboard's My Apps menu, locate the app you wish to publish, click on the 3 dots and then click Republish/Publish.
Note: Single Clients do not have a dashboard view and can navigate to the Publish step after logging in.
2. Choose App Icon. Ensure all metadata (at the bottom of the page) has been entered correctly and is up-to-date and then select the checkbox for Web App, in the Publishing section.
Below you can find information regarding the fields you see in the above picture:
|App Name||This is the name that appears in the App Store and Google Play. Users will search for this name to locate the app.|
|App Icon Name||This field indicates the name that appears below the icon after an app is installed on a device. It can be up to 12 characters and is typically just a shortened version of the App Name.|
|First Name||First Name|
|Last Name||Last Name|
|What's new in this version||any info eg new features, UI improvements, bug fixes etc. Note: It should be at lease 4 characters long|
|Copyright||This field shows the copyright you would like to see in the App Store listing. Usually, this is the customer’s business name (whether they are a Reseller or a Single Client).|
|Official Website||The website URL for the business (must include the http:// prefix)|
|Industry Type||Industry Type|
|Business Type||Business Type|
The App Icon appears both in the app listing and on the device's screen once installed.
The App Icon is built into an app file and can be saved to the home screen for your Progressive Web Application (PWA)
💡 Points to Consider While Creating an App Icon!
3. Click on the Submit button
4. Now you have to fill out the email address field. This is where you will receive your automated email with the redirection script and the QR code.
Note: Unmasked emails (@gmail.com, rather than @yourappcompany.com) work best for receiving APK files
5. Click Next. 6. Enter any Special Instructions or the Support Case you may have and then click Submit.
Note: After you have published your PWA, each time you make changes to its content, these changes will be reflected in the app immediately and there's no need for you to republish it.
If you have published your PWA successfully, you will receive an email for the Web App Publishing information. This email contains the template for your Web App URL, your redirect script, and your QR code. Find a sample of this email below.