You received an error "This developer team has already been used to submit apps" upon (re)submitting an iOS app on the CMS. This article explains why you got this app error message and how you can work around it.
Upon (re)submitting your iOS app, you received this error message regarding your developer account, usually related to these Apple's app guidelines:
This developer team has already been used to submit apps. Please create a unique Apple Team for each new app.
Apple's new App Store Review Guidelines state that the app should be submitted by the person or legal entity that owns or has licensed the intellectual property and other relevant rights and is responsible for offering any services provided by the app.
That is why the CMS (Content Management System) prevents customers from publishing more than one app using the same account to avoid rejections. If they try to do so, then they will receive the error above.
- This is only applicable to Company/Organization Apple Developer Accounts, not Individual accounts.
If you have selected a wrong Apple Team (eg you left by mistake the one that was populated by default), by selecting the correct Apple team and iTunes Team from the drop-down, this app error can be bypassed.
Otherwise, you will have to use a developer account that has not been used to publish any other app yet or you will need to follow the procedure outlined in the Solution section of the Apple binary rejected due to 4.2.6 and 5.2.1 guidelines KB article.
If you cannot bypass this app error or use another developer account, please contact Support.
When the error is resolved, your app will be published on the CMS side and will be ready to be uploaded on the Apple Store.
- "You Don't Have Enough App Credits To Publish This Application" error when publishing
- Apple binary rejected due to 4.2.6 and 5.2.1 guidelines
- App Rejection From Apple On Guideline 2.1
- "You've Already Submitted This IOS App." error when republishing iOS app
- "We Noticed That Your App Uses A Third-Party Login Service" Error During Publishing IOS App