In the BiznessApps CMS, there are two features that collect email addresses:
- Customer List - Email addresses are collected during the app Sign-up/Walkthrough.
- Transactions - Email addresses are collected when users subscribe to the Mailing list.
This article covers the differences between the two lists and explains how these lists work with integrated mailing services.
By integrating a mailing service, you enable the function to upload the collected email addresses to your integrated mailing service. For example, you can integrate BiznessApps with MailChimp.
- You can locate the Customer List feature by navigating to Manage > Customers > Customer List.
- Once the integration is enabled, customers that sign up to your app are added to the Customer List. You can upload the users from this list to the integrated mailing service by clicking Upload Contacts. In this example, the displayed number (0) means that there are no new email addresses to upload.
- This number increases when new users sign up. As this is a manual process, you will need to click Upload Contacts to transfer the new email addresses to the integrated mailing service.
- You can access the Transactions menu by navigating to Manage > Transactions > Sign-up for Mail (depending on how you have named the feature).
- Once the integration is configured, additional options are added to the Transactions section. All email addresses of the users that have subscribed to the Mailing List are stored here.
- Once the integration with a mailing service is configured, you can enable the option to Automatically upload all subscriber contacts to emailing service; all new email addresses subscribed to the mailing list will be uploaded automatically.