You might receive an Apple authentication error displaying "Apple Auth Error: Invalid user" upon publishing your iOS app or rebuilding your Push Notification Certificate. It is an authentication error that might occur when the CMS is trying to sign to an Apple Developer account with outdated or invalid credentials. The error message looks like this:
The error can be caused by any of the following:
- Incorrect Apple user name or password.
- Invalid Apple Developer name.
- Wrong Apple Developer Account credentials.
- You have an active Apple Developer account.
- You have an active iOS application to publish.
1. Ensure credentials are correct
The following Apple credentials are required when publishing an iOS app:
- Apple User Name: The Apple ID you use to log in to Apple Developer or iTunes Connect.
- Apple Password: The password you use to log in to Apple Developer or iTunes Connect.
- Apple Developer Name: The name of your Organization's iOS Developer Account, which usually has the same Business Name as your Company's name.
First, you should ensure the credentials you enter during the iOS app publishing process are accurate. Visit appleid.apple.com and try to login to confirm your credentials are correct. If your username or password is incorrect, use the "Forgot Apple ID / password" link on the same page.
2: Ensure the Apple ID has access to the Developer Account
The Apple ID must have access to the Developer Account you provided as an Admin or App manager role. You can follow this article from Apple to add grant admin rights to an apple ID: Add your Apple ID account.
<supportagent>There is a third fix for when people are using the right credentials but they are getting the error when inputting the 2-step verification code. It is a known "glitch" in the CMS that is fixed by adding a second trusted phone number to the Apple ID</supportagent>
After executing the steps above, re-enter your credentials during the iOS app publishing process. You should not receive the authentication error anymore and you will be able to proceed with the iOS Publish Process.
Please sign in to leave a comment.