This article shows how you can use the Group Management Add-On to add users manually into groups. You can assign users to a specific group so you can provide them with a more fine-grained and tailored app user experience.
You need to enable the option for some users to have access to a specific set of features giving them the ability to view only the content that best meets their needs. These features will be added to the Groups you will have already created. You can also check the Creating and Managing Groups KB article to understand how you can create these and manage these Groups.
- You should have enabled the Group Management Add-on
- You should have created Groups
1. Navigate to Manage > Customers > Groups then click on Add User on the top-right.
Users are only able to create their own passwords when they are invited by Email. If you want to allow users to change their own password, when adding them to a group, use Invite Users, not the Add User option.
2. You will be presented with three steps to add the user:
a. On the first screen, fill out the required fields. Note that the password has to contain at least 8 characters.
b. On the second screen, assign the required group. That means this user will only be able to see the features assigned in that group.
c. Select Access to features
- If you choose the 'Unassigned' Option you will be presented with a third screen. Select the features of your preference. Click Save.
- If you choose an already configured group, the user will inherit access to the features as per the already configured Group Settings. Check the Creating and Managing Groups KB article for more information
3. Share the credentials with the user. They will then be able to log in to the app.
Users will be added to the Groups you have selected.
1. Navigate to Manage > Customers > Groups and check the Group of your preference.
For instance, in the screenshot below you can see that 1 user has been added to Group A Group which provides access to 12 features of the app.
2. Hover over this Group and click on the 'View Group' at the center of this window to
3. Confirm that the users you added in the second step of the Solution Section are members of this group.
Quick question: can a user be assigned to multiple groups? If so, can we select those multiple groups while assigning the user to groups in step 2b of the 'Solution' section?
Please sign in to leave a comment.