This article provides information regarding sending push messages/notifications to multiple users at the same time. Sending to multiple users can be really helpful when you need to communicate a specifically targeted message to a group of users.
Log in to the CMS and go to Manage > Customers. On the customer list view, select the required customers and click on Send and select Push Notification
Note: Once you select multiple customers, a bar will appear below stating the number of customers selected along with the Send icon/button.
- Enter the Message Title (it is optional) and the Message Description. Click Next.
- Link your notification to a website or a feature in the app. Click Next.
- Specify whether you want to Send Right Now your notification or Schedule the Message. Click Next.
Note: In the scenario above, we have selected the Schedule Message Option
- Verify that the following information on the Preview & Send page is correct:
- App name and scheduled date
- Message Description
- The number of people selected
- Click Schedule or Send (Send will be displayed if Send Right Now was selected in step 5).
The following confirmation is displayed.
- Users will start receiving the notifications you sent at the time you have scheduled.
Note: Users will only receive the push notification if they have accepted/allowed push notifications during the initial app launch. If the user has bypassed this option, you may guide them by following the Android and Google links outlined in the 'Introduction Section' of the Introduction to Push Notifications KB article.
- You can also check on the CMS side if your message exists in the Sent or Scheduled tab.
Navigate to Manage > Push Notifications > Sent or Scheduled to check the notifications.
- If you have selected the Send Right Now option, the message will be displayed under the Sent tab.
- If you have selected the Schedule option, the message will be displayed under the Scheduled tab.