On September 12, 2019, Apple added a new guideline to its App Store Review Guidelines, under Design, Guideline 4.8. This article provides details on:
Our development team is working on a permanent solution to incorporate the new guideline into all iOS apps.
Click on the image to view it on Apple's website
For further details have a look at:
Apple's Rejection Message
All new apps that have been published without meeting Apple's new guideline will be rejected with the following message:
Guideline 4.8 - Design - Sign in with Apple
To resolve this issue, please revise your app to offer Sign in with Apple as an equivalent login option.
To learn more, see the Sign in with Apple Overview.
- With the above rejection message from Apple, a screenshot is provided like the one below, which displays third-party or social login services without the Apple Sign in option.
Apple's new guideline requires all new apps that use a third-party or social login service, as shown in the image above, to offer Apple Sign-in as an equivalent service. As mentioned, existing apps have until April 2020 to comply.
As a workaround, to avoid this rejection while the Sign in with Apple functionality gets implemented, we suggest disabling all the third-party and social logins shown in the image above while the app gets reviewed.
Once the review process is complete, and the app gets approved, activate the logins again. Follow the step-by-step guide below to implement this interim solution.
Disabling Sign in
- Log in to BiznessApps.
- Go to Create > Build > Sign-up | Login.
- Under Consent, perform the following steps:
- Switch the toggle off for App Onboarding Sign-up.
- Switch the toggle off for Consent.
- Click Save.
- Go to Settings.
- Under User Accounts, switch the toggle off for all the available options:
- Email Address
- Click Save.
Important: Submit the app for review and publishing. Once it has been approved, undo the changes above.