You got an error from Google for Incorrect Android Version "You need to use a different version code for your APK because you already have one with version code xxx.". This article explains why this occurs and how you can change the Android Version manually on the CMS platform.
You received either of the following version related error messages:
You need to use a different version code for your APK because you already have one with version code xxx.
You need to use a different version code for your APK or Android App Bundle because you already have one with version code xxx.
You got this error message since you tried to publish on the Google Play Store an app bearing the exact same APK file version as the one that the currently published app has.
To manually change the version number from CMS, please follow the steps below.
- Log in to the Biznessapps CMS.
- Go to Apps and search for the relevant App Code.
- Click on the 3 dots, and go to Edit > Info, as shown in the image below.
- Manually change the Android Version. You may increase the version number by 1.
- Click the Save button to save all your changes.
- Republish your app
- Use the new APK file you will receive in the automated email so you can upload your app to the Play Store.
You will be able to publish successfully your Android app without getting an Android Version error related problem.