After uploading the AAB or APK file generated by Biznessapps to the Google Play Console, one might encounter the errors below.
- "You need to use a different version code for your APK because you already have one with version code xxx."
- "Version code xxx has already been used. Try another version code"
This error message suggests that one tried to publish an AAB file having the exact same version code as the one that is already published in the Google Play Store.
To resolve this issue, access to the backend is required, and one needs to Contact Support with the details of the issue along with the affected app code.
<supportagent>To manually change the version number from CMS, please follow the steps below.
- Log in to the Biznessapps CMS.
- Go to Apps and search for the relevant App Code.
- Click on the 3 dots, and go to Edit > Info, as shown in the image below.
- Manually change the Android Version. You may increase the version number by 1.
- Click the Save button to save all your changes.
- Resubmit the app
- Use Browserstack or your own Android device to install the app and verify the version number.
- Version Number Matches: Proceed to Step 8
- Version Number Does Not Match: If the version number does not match the version number you input into the CMS, then the app will need to be republished again for the correct version number to be applied. Return to Step 1
- Send the new AAB file you will receive in the automated email to the customer, so they can upload the app to the Play Store.
After receiving the new AAB file, one will be able to successfully publish the Android app without getting a version code error.
If the issue persists, please try changing the Android Version within the Google Play Console by editing the release to a new version. Lastly, try to discard this release and create a new one that uses the updated information in case if there have been any inconsistencies with the current release.
Please sign in to leave a comment.