You want to communicate with your app users (either yourself as a reseller or even your clients). The MailChimp email marketing service helps you manage and interact with your app users and other interested parties. Integrating the MailChimp email marketing service with our platform will allow you to create, send in bulk and analyze emails and ad campaigns. This article shows how you integrate MailChimp with our platform.
You need to retrieve the API Key and the Unique ID from the Mailchimp email marketing service and enter it in the BiznessApps CMS platform.
Follow the steps below:
a. On the Mailchimp side
2. Once logged in, please click on your name at the top-right corner and choose the Profile option.
3. Go to Extras > API Keys.
4. Click the Create A Key button and take note of the API key that is generated.
5. Navigate to Audience > Audience Dashboard -> Manage Audience > Settings.
6. Copy the Unique ID (List ID) that is visible at the bottom of the page.
b. Now that you have the information required to integrate Mailchimp with BiznessApps, please log in to the BiznessApps CMS.
1. On the App Dashboard navigate to Manage > Customers, and then click the Add Integration button.
2. Select Mail Chimp, and then click the Next button.
3. In the API Key field, please enter the API key that you received in Step #4 (of the Mailchimp side steps). In the List ID field, please enter the Unique ID that you saved in Step #6 (of the Mailchimp side steps). Click Save to complete the Integration.
You will have successfully integrated the MailChimp email marketing service and now you will be able to use it to communicate with your app users.
Each time you navigate to Manage -> Customers -> Customer List, you will see 'Upload Contacts' button showing the number of new email addresses you can update Mailchimp with. If you click it, you will push the new email accounts you may have added in the meantime (ie as of the last time you clicked on that button) to the MailChimp service.
There you will also see the 'Connected with MailChimp' option:
Important: In order for you to upload your app users to MailChimp, they must have enabled the Email Marketing services when using the app under the More Settings option.
Otherwise, on your CMS Dashboard, under the Manage -> Customers -> Customer List menu, you will be getting this message next to the app user's profile