A demo account is required by Apple, based on Guideline 2.1 - App Completeness / Information Needed when Apple reviewers are unable to access some or all parts of your app during their review process. This article provides instructions to create a demo account and the steps to add that account to the App Store Connect.
You may have received the following message from Apple:
Guideline 2.1 - App Completeness
Make sure your app has been tested on-device for bugs and stability before you submit it, and include demo account info (and turn on your back-end service!) if your app includes a login.
This indicates that a demo account is required.
You received this because Apple was not able to proceed with your app review, since it appears you had set a requirement for users to have an account to access your app. Since Apple had no account to check its functionality, they could not review your app.
- An Apple ID is required to access App Store Connect.
The solution is to create a demo account for Apple so they can check your app. This comprises two steps:
- create the demo account on the CMS platform
- add the demo Account to the App Store Connect
Creating the Demo Account on CMS
- Log in to BiznessApps CMS.
- Navigate to Manage > Customers, and click Add User.
- Enter the account credentials.
- Username - can be called Apple or Demo as an example
- Click Next.
- Select the assigned group, if required. Alternatively, leave as Unassigned. Click Next.
- Under Feature Access, check the Select All option.
Adding the Demo Account to the App Store Connect
- Log in to App Store Connect.
- Click My Apps.
- Select your app.
- Click on the app version on the left side of the screen.
- Scroll down to App Review Information.
- Check the Sign-in required box, and enter demo credentials in the User name and Password fields.
- Once you have completed all changes, click Save at the top of the Version Information page.
Since Apple will have access to this demo account and the credentials are provided to Apple, the review process will continue without requesting you to create a demo account.