Your app might have Push Notifications issues occasionally. Push Notifications may not be received by your clients. Most of the time it can be resolved by republishing your app. This article explains how to republish your application so that you can solve Push Notification problems.
Push notifications sent by the app will not appear on the mobile device. You may even get feedback from the app users that they never receive push notifications.
This is usually because the app is not on the latest release and as such it does not contain all the latest fixes.
- iOS or Android device
Especially if the app hasn't been published recently (ie if the app is older than 3 months), an app republish can most of the times resolve the issue
1. Follow the steps outlined in the Solution Section of the Republishing your app KB article.
Important: Don't forget to do the last step. That is:
a. If it is an Android App, don't forget to upload the new APK on the Google Play Store.
b. If it is an iOS App, the BiznessApps team will review it and take care of uploading it to the Apple Store. Should you wish to check the publishing progress, check the Checking the Publishing status for my iOS App KB article.
Once, your app is live on the Google and/or Apple Store, you will be able to receive Push Notifications.
Also, your app will be published bearing the latest release. To check this, follow the steps outlined in the Testing Section of the Republishing your app KB article.
If the problem persists, please follow the Push Notification Failures - Troubleshooting article for a deeper investigation to fix Push Notification issues.
- Publishing an iOS App
- Publishing an Android App
- Checking the Last Published Date and Status of an App for Resellers
- When It is Necessary to Republish an App
- Apple App Store Review Guidelines
- Google Play Developer Policy Center
- IOS Error: There Was A Problem Sending Out Your Push Notifications
- Push Notifications not working on Android