To ensure that an application is running at its peak, it needs to be republished when a new release is provided. New releases offer important fixes to the application and improve stability. When we release a new source code, it includes the latest features and updates to the existing ones. If you want your customers to use the new features, it is necessary to republish the app with the new source code.
This article provides the steps to view the latest published date of iOS and Android apps and to view their current status (e.g., Published/Unpublished, Active/Inactive).
- The published date in the CMS is not the actual date the app became available in the App Store or Google Play; it is the date the app was sent to the App Store/Google Play for processing.
- It is important to avoid adding the new features to your app before Apple approves the app update. Otherwise, your existing live app (operating on the older source code) will not function properly for users because of the incompatible features.
- Please note that "App releases" and "CMS releases" cover different areas (CMS releases are related to issues with the BiznessApps portal). Apps should be republished when there is an "App release" specific to iOS, Android, or PWA. There is no need to update your apps when there is a "CMS release".
- Only apps published on the latest source code will be supported. Go to the Release Notes page and click Follow to be notified when new releases are published.
Checking Published Date in CMS
Log in to the BiznessApps CMS.
Go to the Apps menu.
Search for the app using any of the client information you have.
Once located, click on the ellipsis icon ( . . . ) next to the application.
Go to Edit > Status.
From here, you can see the Publish Date of the iOS and Android app and the Status of the app on each platform. The published date displayed here is the date the app was submitted for publishing in the CMS.
Checking the version on CMS is not sufficient for ensuring the app is on the latest version because CMS update may not be pushed to Apple / Google Play Stores (e.g. CMS publish was successful but customer forgot updating the APK file to Play Store).
Therefore, please make sure to check iOS and Android versions, after checking the version on CMS.Note: In order for an app to be Inactive, it must be Unpublished using the UNPUBLISH link and the MAKE INACTIVE link in order to make the app Inactive and unavailable for download as described in the Deactivating or Unpublishing an App article.
Checking Published Date for iOS Apps
Checking via the Developer Console
- Log in to the App Store Connect portal.
- Go to Apps and select the required app.
- Click on Activity > All Builds. Look for the latest version of the app; the latest published date will be displayed as the Upload Date.
Checking via a 3rd-Party Site
- Go to the 148Apps portal.
- Enter the app code in the search box.
- Select the app from the search results.
- The released date is displayed.
Checking Published Date for Android Apps
Go to the CMS and follow steps 1-4.
Go to Edit > Info.
Scroll to the bottom and copy the Google Play Store URL.
Open the URL in a web browser. The latest published date is displayed in the Updated field at the bottom of the page.