You tried to embed a Facebook video into an Info-Tier Tab by using the Video Insert option in the WYSIWYG editor, but the Facebook video was not added. This article explains why and what you can do to insert a Facebook video in an Info Tier Tab.
You tried to insert a Facebook video from the WYSIWYG Editor of an Info Tier feature but when you clicked the Insert button after pasting the URL or Embedded code (using iframe), nothing happened. The insert window did not close, and it remained as it was before clicking the 'Insert' button.
The reason is that Facebook is not a supported video provider and thus it is not possible to embed Facebook videos via Video Insert option.
- In order to perform this task, you need to add an Info-Tier feature to your application beforehand (check the Related Articles Section)
Facebook videos can only be embedded into an Info-Tier Tab via an iframe using the Code View option in the WYSIWYG editor. First, you need to use the Embedded Video Player Configurator, provided by Facebook, in order to create the iframe. Then, you need to embed the code to the editor.
Therefore, you should follow the steps below.
- Go to the Embedded Video Player Configurator.
- Insert the URL of the video.
- If you prefer, you can designate the pixel width of the video, as well.
- Click Get Code (Please, see the image below).
- In the pop-up window, click on iFrame, and copy the code.
- Go to the Code View of the WYSIWYG Editor.
- Paste the code you copied into the code area.
- Click the Code View button again to go back to the WYSIWYG Editor and be able to view the video.
When you click the Code View for the second time, the video should be visible on the WYSIWYG Editor. Moreover, you can test if the video is working via the Embedded App Preview or Native Preview.
Please sign in to leave a comment.