You observed the Add button is greyed out/disabled while trying to upload images to the Image Gallery. This article explains why this happens and how you can resolve this issue.
You selected a photo to upload on your image gallery, but the Add button was disabled
This error is usually related to:
- the format/extension of the file is not supported or
- the format/extension is supported, but the file size exceeds the limit/threshold of 32 MB allowed by the platform.
1. Check if the image(s) that are being uploaded are one of the following format:
- webp (Please check the WebP images do not show on iOS Devices KB article before you use a webp image)
2. Check if the file size is not over 32 MB. Actually, when it comes to images, you can get a high-quality image with a size of 100-500 KBs.
3. If the image does not meet the above-listed criteria, then use your preferred photo editing tool to change the file format and size to meet the above-mentioned criteria. For instance, you can use the Adobe Photoshop tool.
Having made the required changes on the image, you will now be able to upload it. That is, the Add button will be enabled this time.