Our customers may experience issues with licensing and integration when working with Google Maps in their apps. This article provides several examples of issues related to Google Maps and describes how to handle them.
- Issue: In the CMS, Google Maps are displayed in the scheduled event that was created. However, in the PWA version of the app, it doesn't appear to be working. Is this a limitation of PWA?
- Solution: In May 2018, we posted updates regarding these Google Maps key changes. If you have not seen the most recent update regarding Google Maps licenses, please review the article Google Maps License Process and FAQ, which describes how to resolve this issue.
For each Google Maps new setup, you need to register a dedicated Google Maps API key (for any non-Bizness App domain). This means that you will need to have it for your PWAs, any custom domains, and your white label subdomain.
- Issue: I have to call a potential client back in 20 minutes to show him how the map feature (around us) works, and your system won’t work with the web link. How else can I show this client how it works?
- Solution: To have the map displayed in the app, you need to integrate Google Maps into your partner account. Kindly refer to the following article for more information: Google Maps License Process and FAQ.
- Issue: Java Console error related to Google Maps in our PWA:
Oops! Something went wrong.
- Solution: This error occurs when you don't have the Google Maps API key for your app. Please generate a key by following the instructions in the Google Maps License Process and FAQ article and apply it to your account on the Settings page.
- Issue: A client (app code: *****) is having an issue with the map view in the 'Around Us' tab. When they try to add a new pin, the map and the listing of possible addresses do not show up. It could be a firewall issue due to the type of business, however, their IT department can't figure out why the map is not showing up. The error cannot be reproduced and there is no screenshot. They are using Google Chrome.
- Solution: The map does not show up as the Google Maps API has not been integrated into your reseller dashboard. The API has to be added to the Reseller dashboard. Kindly refer to the following article for more information: Google Maps License Process and FAQ.
- Issue: The Geo-targeting feature is not working on the dashboard.
- Solution: You are experiencing this issue because the Google Maps API key has not been added to the Partner account. Please refer to the following article for more information: Google Maps License Process and FAQ.
- Issue: All active apps in Google Play are showing the following warning:
Your app contains exposed Google Cloud Platform (GCP) API keys. Please see this Google Help Center article for details.
Affects APK version 2001.
- Solution: This alert means that your Google Maps API license key has expired and requires additional payment. Please log in to your Google Cloud account to verify and top up your balance.