You may experience issues with licensing and integration when working with Google Maps in BiznessApps. This article provides information about handling the most common issues and errors related to Google Maps.
Refer to the following sections to learn more:
- Google Maps Is Not Working in PWA Versions
- Google Maps Is Not Working via the Web Links
- PWA Java Error: 'This page didn't load Google Maps correctly'
- Newly Added Pins and Listings Are Not Showing
- Geo-Targeting Feature Is Not Working
- Error: 'Your app contains exposed Google Cloud Platform (GCP) API Keys'
Google Maps Is Not Working in PWA Versions
- Issue: In the CMS, Google Maps display correctly in the scheduled events. However, in the PWA version of the app, they do not appear to be working.
- Solution: In May 2018, we posted updates regarding key changes to the Google Maps feature. If you have not seen the most recent update regarding the Google Maps licenses, please review this linked article about the Google Maps license process and FAQs that describes how to resolve this issue.
For each new setup of Google Maps, you need to register a dedicated Google Maps API key (for any non-BiznessApp domain). This means that you will need to have it for your PWAs, any custom domains, and your white label subdomain.
Google Maps Is Not Working Via the Web-Links
- Issue: As an agent, you may need to demo the use of the Google Maps feature on your system to clients. However, you find that it is not working on your system when using the Google Maps web-link.
- Solution: To display maps in your app, you need to integrate Google Maps into your partner account. For more information, kindly refer to this linked article about the Google Maps license process and FAQs.
PWA Java Error: 'This page didn't load Google Maps correctly'
- Issue: The following Java console error related to Google Maps displays in PWA:
Oops! Something went wrong.
- Solution: This error occurs when you do not have the Google Maps API key for your app. Please generate a key by following the instructions in this linked article about the Google Maps license process and FAQs and apply it to your account on the Settings page.
Newly Added Pins and Listings Are Not Showing
- Issue: A client (app code: *****) is having an issue with the map view in the 'Around Us' tab when using Google Chrome. When they try to add new pins, the maps and the listings of possible addresses do not show. A preliminary investigation with the client's IT department does not suggest that this is a firewall issue. Additionally, the error cannot be reproduced and there is no screenshot.
- Solution: The map does not show up, as the Google Maps API has not been integrated into your reseller dashboard. The API has to be added to the reseller dashboard. For more information, refer to this linked article about the Google Maps license process and FAQs.
Geo-Targeting Feature Is Not Working
- Issue: The Geo-targeting feature is not working on the dashboard. There is no map displayed in the map box.
- Solution: You are experiencing this issue because the Google Maps API key has not been added to the Partner account. For more information, refer to this linked article about the Google Maps license process and FAQs.
Error: 'Your app contains exposed Google Cloud Platform (GCP) API Keys'
- Issue: All active apps in Google Play are showing the following warning:
Your app contains exposed Google Cloud Platform (GCP) API keys. Please see this Google Help Center article for details.
Affects APK version 2001.
- Solution: This alert means that the Google Maps API license key has expired and requires additional payment. Please log in to your Google Cloud account to verify and top up your balance.