Push Notifications provide you the ability to market your app and communicate with your app users as long as they have an internet connection, even when they are not using the app. In this article, you will learn about the Push Notifications feature and its functionality.
Push Notifications are small messages that can reach audiences anywhere and anytime. While pop-ups appear only when audiences are on the site these pop-ups belong to, push messages are independent of sites. They are associated with web browsers and apps.
Push Notifications in essence help you get your app users back to your ecosystem and start (re)using your app.
BiznessApps push notification system has a lot of options for customization that help you target your app users the right way. Creating the perfect push notification starts with understanding how customers interact with your app. The more you know about your users, the more personalized you can make your push notifications.
Things to Keep in Mind:
- Applicable to iOS and Android apps
- (applicable to native apps) There's no way for users to receive push notifications without having the live app installed on their device.
- When an app is installed, users can choose to enable or opt-out of push notifications. If they opt-out, they won't receive any from the app.
- For iOS devices check: Change notification settings on iPhone
- For Android Devices check: Control notifications on Android
- If a user wants to receive push notifications successfully, it's important to enable location services too (apart from push notifications), which allows the user to receive location-based messages.
- For iOS devices check: Turn Location Services and GPS on or off
- For Android Devices check: Manage your Android device's location settings
- Applicable to PWAs (Web Apps)
- The users must accept push notifications when they visit the PWA page. The web app simply brings forward a popup asking the user to subscribe to notifications. The user subscribes to receive push notifications. They do not need to have the app installed nor do they need to have it on the browser running.
- Once end-users receive the push notification, they cannot respond to it. Push notifications work as one-way communication, from the Push Notification Message Center or Skipper to the end-user.
Accessing Push Notifications Message Center
To start setting up a Push Notification, you need to log into an app and head to the Manage section and click Push Notifications on the left sidebar.
Now you have landed on the Push Notifications Message Center
Filtering what has been created so far
The Push Notifications Message Center is where all Push Notifications are created and managed. From the Message Center, you can view sent Push Notifications, scheduled Push Notifications, and saved drafts.
- When landing on the Message Center, there are tabbed navigations with:
- Sent - Customers can delete the messages that have already been sent so they will no longer show on their user's apps.
- Scheduled - Customers can either delete a message (so it no longer sends) or edit the message (before it sends).
- Drafts - Customers can pick up a draft message where they left off to update it or select when they wish to send it.
- On the left of this list view, under each of the tabs—Sent, Scheduled, and Drafts—customers can FILTER BY which App Type (iOS, Android, or Web App) the messages were sent to.
Sending new Push Notifications
Apart from checking what push notifications have been sent and scheduled, you can start planning for sending new notifications to your users. For more information about sending push notifications, you can check the first 3 KB articles in the Related Articles Section. Just note, that you can send notifications to an individual user or multiple users and you can send them either through the Push Notifications Message Center or the Customers Page
You can also add the Messages features. The Messages feature will serve as a log of Push Notifications received. Users can use this feature to check the Push Notifications they have already received!
Please sign in to leave a comment.