Push Notifications (PNs) can be sent from the Customers view (under the Manage menu). These notifications can be sent to a single user or a selection of users. This article provides the steps to send PNs from the Customers view.
- Push Notifications for PWA/Web Apps will only be received if the customer is using one of the supported browsers.
- Push Notifications for Native Apps are working fine.
- The Push Notifications Received count on the dashboard will not increment if the customer's browser does not support push notifications.
- Log in to the CMS.
- Navigate to Manage > Customers.
- Select the customers to which you would like to send a Push Notification.
- An action bar appears at the bottom of the page, displaying the number of selected users (2 in this case). Click Send > Push Notification.
- Enter the Message Title (it is optional) and the Message Description. Click Next.
- Link your notification to a website or a feature in the app. Click Next.
- Specify whether you want to Send Right Now your notification or Schedule the Message. Click Next.
- Verify that the following information on the Preview & Send page is correct:
- App name and scheduled date
- Message Description
- The number of people selected
- Click Schedule or Send (Send will be displayed if Send Right Now was selected in step 7).
The following confirmation is displayed.
Navigate to Manage > Push Notifications > Scheduled to check the scheduled notifications.
If you have selected the Send Right Now option, the message will be displayed under the Sent tab.