Ever tried exporting a .csv file from our Real Estate or Golf Course tab, only to find that Excel cannot load the contents properly? Luckily Google Docs is here with a free and simple workaround to correct the encoding issues.
This article provides a solution to the issue described above.
Follow these steps to have Google correct this issue.
- First, download the .csv from your CMS.
Here is an example of the content loading incorrectly via Excel.
- To remedy this, head over to Google Docs Sheets and open a new spreadsheet.
Click File, then Import.
- Upload the .csv file to Google Sheets.
- Check that the content in Google Sheets is correct.
- Now you can simply hit File > Download as > Microsoft Excel file.
Done! Now open up this new file in Excel and you should see that the content is displaying correctly.