The Group Management Add-on enables you to customize login options (managing the app users' login/sign up for their account and other account request settings) and also categorize your app users into groups.
The Group LogIn and the Groups app menus allow you to customize your app users' accounts and offer them a tailored-to-their-needs app experience.
The Group Management Add-On is a free feature available for all app types (iOS, Android, and PWA). It is highly recommended for the following industries:
- Small Businesses
You can use it for:
- Giving incentives to new users to purchase a membership. The admin downloads the email list for sign-up/purchases and uploads the list to the Group feature, then the new members receive an invite email and have exclusive membership access to the app.
- Limiting or extending access to certain services that your business provides. Hence, Groups can allow you to set a members area where you provide access to more features.
- Using Push Notifications. You may extend the possible use cases of the Groups for your business, by sending a tailored message to a specific audience (a group of app users).
Important Note: When you enable the Group Management Add-On, previously signed-up customers will be logged out, and their data will not be accessible in the CMS Panel. Users can log in to their new group using their old credentials, and they will reappear in the clients' list. This process is irreversible, and the users have to manually log in again.
- You have a Reseller/Partner Account
Enable Group Management Add-On
1. In your Partner Dashboard, head to the Add-ons section on the left menu. Select the Group Management Add-On
2. (Optional) We recommend you have a read at the FAQ and Support Sections.
3. Select the app(s) you want to enable the Group Management Add-On for and click on "Apply Add-on"
4. You will get the following message. Click on the 'Ok, I got it' button
5. Then navigate to My Apps and right-click on the app you applied the Add-on and select the 'Log in' option.
Once you are logged in to your app, head to the Manage section in the left menu, and click on the Customers section. If this is your first time here, we suggest checking out our Using the Customers Page article once you complete this one.
For details on how to set up the Group Management Add-On, please watch the following video.
Note: If your app is a product of duplication of an old app, this might mean that your app may default to the old 'Membership' Add-On. Then the the "Account Request" option will be disabled, and it needs to be enabled via Manage > Customers > Group > Upgrade Groups Management
Customizing the Group Log-in Page Design
The design settings of the Group Log-in Page are imported from the Global Design of the app. However, you can adjust the design at any time. To make adjustments, follow the steps below.
- Navigate to Create -> Build -> Group Log-in -> Custom Design tab.
- Change the design parameters as you wish.
The background image is always blurred to improve legibility. We recommend you to use images and text colors with appropriate contrast for the same purpose.
Important: Once the Group Management Add-On is enabled, all users will be logged out of the app automatically. Once they log in to the app again using the same credentials previously used, they will be able to access the features that have now been assigned to their user group.
- As all the users are to be renewed, this is a great opportunity to enable the Request Account Feature in the new Groups Management Add-On. It allows users to sign-up for access to the application without invitation.
- You may choose to inform users if an important feature of the app is being limited to a different group.
- The app does not need to be removed and re-installed on the app users' devices.
Creating and Managing a Group
Logically, the first thing you will want to do after enabling the Group Add-on will be to configure your groups. Creating a group is easy. Simply follow the steps in the Creating and Managing a Group KB article
Adding and Inviting a User to a Group
Then most probably you will need to add/invite users to the groups you created. You can check the Adding and Inviting a User to a Group KB article for more information.