The Group Management Add-on provides you with the tools to categorize your app users and therefore offer them an - as tailored as possible - user experience. This article will outline how you can set up the Group Management Add-On and also will present its features and its main functionality.
The Group Management Add-On is a free feature available for all app types (iOS, Android and PWA). It is highly recommended for the following industries:
- Small Businesses
You can utilize it by:
- Giving incentives to new users to purchase a membership. The admin downloads the email list for sign-up/purchases and uploads the list to the Group feature, then the new members receive an invite email and have exclusive membership access to the app.
- Limiting or extending access to certain services that your business provides. Hence, Groups can allow you to set a members area where you provide access to more features.
- Using Push Notifications. You may extend the possible use cases of the Groups for your business, by sending a tailored message to a specific audience (a group of app users)
- Reseller/Partner Account
For details on how to set up the Group Management Add-On, please watch the following video.
- Once you update the Add-On you cannot roll back to the Legacy Option
- Following the upgrade, the users are logged out and they need to create new accounts to access the app. The user data is reset, but not lost completely. Once they relogin with the new accounts, the old data is retrieved.
- As all the users are to be renewed, this is a great opportunity to enable the Request Account Feature in the new Groups Management Add-On. It allows users to sign-up for access to application without invitation.
1. In your Partner Dashboard, head to the Add-ons section on the left menu. Select the Group Management Add-On
2. (Optional) We recommend you have a read at the FAQ and Support Sections.
3. Select the app(s) you want to enable the Group Management Add-On for and click on "Apply Add-on"
4. You will get the following message. Click on the 'Ok, I got it' button
5. Then navigate to My Apps and right-click on the app you applied the Add-on and select the 'Log in' option.
Once you are logged in to your app, head to the Manage section in the left menu, and click on the Customers section. If this is your first time here, we suggest checking out our Using the Customers Page article once you complete this one.
Creating and Managing a Group
Logically, the first thing you will want to do after enabling the Group Add-on will be to configure your groups. Creating a group is easy. Simply follow the steps in the Creating and Managing a Group KB article
Adding and Inviting a User to a Group
Then most probably you will need to add/invite users to the groups you created. You can check the Adding and Inviting a User to a Group KB article for more information.
Customizing the Group Log-in Page Design
The design settings of the Group Log-in Page are imported from the Global Design of the app. However, you can adjust the design at any time. To make adjustments, follow the steps below.
- Navigate to Create -> Build -> Group Log-in -> Custom Design tab.
- Change the design parameters as you wish.
The background image is always blurred to improve legibility. We recommend you to use images and text colors with appropriate contrast for the same purpose.
Important: Once the Group Management Add-On is enabled, all users will be logged out of the app automatically. Once they log in to the app again using the same credentials previously used, they will be able to access the features that have now been assigned to their user group.
- You may choose to inform users if an important feature of the app is being limited to a different group.
- The app does not need to be removed and re-installed.
- Using the Customers Page
- Creating and Managing Groups
- Adding a User to a Group
- Inviting a User to Create an App Account
- Editing the Email Invite Form for Group Log-in