The Tip Calculator feature is extremely useful for restaurants or food service delivery apps. This calculator allows the user to input the price of the bill, the percentage they wish to tip, and the number of people splitting the bill. The calculator will then display the sum that each person should pay.
In this article, you will learn how to set up this feature in your app.
The Tip Calculator feature will use device settings for currency and format, so all you need to do is add it to your app and assign a background image, and it will be fully functional.
This feature is available on the following platforms:
This feature is recommended for the following industry:
- Food and Dining
- Allow users to easily calculate their tip.
- Mortgage Calculator Feature
- Food Ordering Feature
To set up the Tip Calculator feature, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to Edit > Build in your dashboard.
- Click Add Feature.
- Choose the Tip Calculator feature from the menu, then click Select.
- Name your feature, then click Add. Your new feature will now appear in the left-side menu.
- Click on the feature to expand its menu. From the left-side menu you can do the following:
- Use the checkbox to delete the feature.
- Click and drag the arrow icon to rearrange.
- Edit the feature icon by clicking it, then selecting a new image from the fly-up menu.
- Toggle the feature on/off.
- Jump to a specific section (e.g. Content or Custom Design) to adjust the feature settings.
Here you can rename the feature.
- Under Screen Info, change your Screen / Feature Name or leave as-is.
- This is the name that will appear in the app's feature menu (e.g. Tip! instead of Tip Calc).
If you would like to create a custom design for this feature instead of using the Global Design, please refer to the article Feature: Custom Design Area.
Check out the live app view below!
- Users just enter the Check Total, Tip Percentage, and Number of People then hit Calculate.
- They can hit Reset to start over.