The GPS Coupon feature is a great, location-based feature that allows users to accumulate points by checking in. You can encourage repeat visits and build customer loyalty by offering special deals for customers who return to your location frequently.
In this article, you will learn how to set up this feature in your app by following the steps provided.
This feature is available on the following platforms:
This feature is recommended for the following industries:
- Restaurants & Bars
- Encourage app users to come into your restaurant, shop, or salon by offering stamps for coupons and rewards.
- The GPS functionality will only work if users have allowed your app to access their location.
- If you are having trouble checking in, go to your device's location services settings and verify that the app is allowed to access your location.
- Updating apps that were last updated before April 2014 will cause users to lose all stamps.
To set up the GPS Coupon feature, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to Edit > Build in your dashboard.
- Click Add Feature.
- Choose the GPS Coupon feature from the menu, then click Select.
- Name your feature, then click Add. Your new feature will now appear in the left-side menu.
- Click on the feature to expand its menu. From the left-side menu you can:
- Use the checkbox to delete the feature.
- Click and drag the arrow icon to rearrange.
- Edit the feature icon by clicking it, then selecting a new image from the fly-up menu.
- Toggle the feature on/off.
- Jump to a specific section (e.g. Content or Custom Design) to adjust the feature settings.
Here you can rename the feature, add a radius and location details, and create coupons.
- Under Screen Info, change your Screen / Feature Name or leave as-is. This is the name that will appear in the app's feature menu (e.g. Rewards instead of GPS Coupon).
- Under GPS Coupon, click Add GPS Coupon. Complete the fields below, then click Add. Repeat this process for each coupon.
- Mobile Header Image (640x264px) and Tablet Header Image (1536x634px): Click Browse to search for photos.
- Time Zone: Choose to use the time zone in Global Settings, or set a custom one.
- Name: Give your coupon a name.
- Location: Select a specific location for this deal, or keep All locations selected. The locations in the drop-down menu pull from your Contact feature.
- Radius: Select the radius users must be within in order to check-in. For example, if my radius is 0.25 miles, users must be within 0.25 miles of my location to check-in.
- Radius Unit: Specify whether distance should appear in Kilometers or Miles.
- Ongoing Coupon: Choose if this coupon has a start and end date.
- Coupon Start & End Date: Select a start and end date for the coupon.
- Can this coupon be used again?: Decide if users can redeem this deal more than once. When this box is checked, the coupon will reset to 0 check-ins after users complete their check-ins and redeem the deal.
- Check-Ins Needed to Redeem: Choose how many check-ins a user needs to redeem the coupon.
- Hours Before Next Check-In: Choose how long a user must wait until they can check in again.
- Description: Describe what the user needs to do to redeem and what they will receive.
- Click Add.
- Click Save at the top right when you are done.
If you would like to create a custom design for this feature instead of using the Global Design, please refer to the article Feature: Custom Design Area.
If you would like to check on user activity, track engagement, and monitor your top coupon users, you can do so here. Refer to the article Feature: User Activity for more info.