If your Facebook Page is using an old URL format (see example below), it may fail to load in web views within your app.
Old URL Example: facebook.com/chipotle-687129241432291/timeline/
New URL Example: facebook.com/chipotle
This article explains how you can update your Page's URL to resolve this issue.
- You need to be an admin to be able to do changes to a Facebook Page.
Please refer to Facebook's Help Centre for the guidelines on using custom usernames and other settings.
To change your Page's URL, you need to change its username. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Open your Facebook Page.
- Click About on the left side of your Page.
- Click Edit next to your current Page username.
- Enter a new username. A green checkmark at the end of the Username field will indicate that the username is available. If not, you need to choose another one.
- Click Create Username.
- Once you update your Facebook Page's URL, be sure to change every instance of it within your app.
- After you have made your changes, refresh the app on your device and test once more.
Open up the Facebook page and you will that it will load properly.
Article is closed for comments.