As a child account, you cannot turn on Location Settings and Promote Sections. This article explains why this occurs and how you can work around it.
As a child account, you navigated to 'My Client's View -> App Builder (CMS) -> Sections and you enabled the Location Settings and Promote Sections. Nonetheless, you noticed that these sections are forced as disabled, that is they will not stay enabled.
This is related to an issue that has been fixed but still affects the child accounts created before the fix.
- The issue is applicable to Child accounts created before March, 2019 (Child accounts created after March, 2019 are not expected to face this issue)
The steps outlined below can only be implemented by the BiznessApps Team. Please raise a ticket with Support providing the child account's name and email.
The workaround is to insert the Enterprise Recurly code in the child account “Subscription tab”.
1. Navigate to Partners -> Enterprise, search for the Enterprise partner account and Click on Edit
2. In the new Screen that appears, navigate to the Subscription Tab and copy/make a note of the Recurly code.
3. Navigate to Partners -> Child Partners search for the Enterprise partner account and Click on Edit
4. In the new screen that appears, navigate to the Partner tab, then go to Partner Type dropdown menu, select Partners and click Save
5. Click Save
6. Again under the Child Partner Click Edit Button, then navigate to Subscription (this tab will appear after Saving the change of step #5) and paste the Enterprise Recurly code in the Recurly code field taken in step #2, click “Validate & Sync”
7. Click Save
8. On the same screen select the Partner tab, go to Partner type dropdown menu, select Child Partners
9. Click Save, to return the account to its initial state.
10. Inform the customer that now they should be able to enable the "Location settings" and/or the "Promote" sections.
After that, the apps under the child account should be able to enable the Push Notification -> Location Settings and the Grow->Promote option.