Push notifications are a fantastic tool, however these complex certification files and keys can break. We have developed a tool that allows you to rebuild these certificates on your own with ease. You just need to follow these the steps below!
1. First, Head over to your dashboard and find the app that is giving you trouble.
2. At the bottom right, click the 3 dots icon to reveal an action menu. Click Push Publish from the list.
3. You will now see the Push Publish window appear at the right. All of this information must be filled out correctly for your request to go through.
- Input your own email in the Email Address field as this field is required. A confirmation of the cert rebuild was delivered on the legacy system but it will be removed on future releases.
- Provide the Apple Username and Apple Password for the account the app is hosted in or in case you have been added as an Admin for Company/Organization accounts you can use those credentials instead.
- Provide the Apple Developer Name associated with the Developer account where the app is published (https://help.apple.com/app-store-connect/#/dev32bdcc4b6).
- Verify that the Bundle ID is correct (see next step for instructions)
4. To verify the bundle ID, head over to App Store Connect and log in. Click My Apps from the main menu.
5. Next, select the app that is having push notification issues. Select the tab that says App Information.
6. Copy this Bundle ID and paste it into the Bundle ID field back in your dashboard.
7. Once you've confirmed your Bundle ID and all other info, click Log In. This will add a field to the screen asking for the verification code, in case your account has two-factor authentication enabled, in case not you can go to step 9.
8. Once you have received the code on your device, you will have to write it down on that field and click on Submit code. There's a workaround to avoid having your customers on the phone while renewing push services certificates, which is adding your phone number as a trusted phone to their account by login in here Apple ID with your customer's account and going to Security > Edit > Add a Trusted Phone Number...
Once your phone number is a trusted device for your customer's account, you will be able to request the verification code during the renewal process by using a workaround, which is login in here Apple Developer with their account and when asked the verification code you will have to click on the Didn’t get a verification code? link which will give you three options, in your case you will have to select Use Phone Number and select your number, once you receive the code you will use it on the process, as this is a workaround it could fail the first time, just log in again press the log in button but this time on our system and you will receive a new code, please write them all down as if more than one code is sent the last one received will work.
9. If your account has been added to multiple teams, you will have to select the team name where the app was published, if not you will only see one team there.
10. Once you have selected the correct team you can click Submit and you will receive a message on the top of the interface, in case the message indicates an error you will have to contact us.