The Fan Wall feature is an easy way to increase user engagement with an app. This feature allows users to comment, ask questions, and discuss what they love about your business or service.
You can use the Fan Wall Feature to create an in-app forum for users to communicate and share ideas.For example, a school app can use the Fan Wall for the (Parent-Teacher Association) PTA to discuss school events and issues.
Also, the Fan Wall Feature can be used to accumulate positive feedback with a Reviews page. For example, users can share their favorite dishes on the menu in your restaurant app.
The Fan Wall feature is great for these industries:
Bands & Musical Artists
Adding the Fan Wall Feature
- On your App's Dashboard, navigate to Create -> Build and click ADD FEATURE.
- Choose the Fan Wall feature from the menu, then click SELECT.
- Give a name to the feature, then click ADD. The new feature will now appear in the left-side menu.
- Click on the feature to expand its menu. From the left-side menu you can:
- Use the checkbox to delete the feature.
- Click and drag the arrow icon to rearrange.
- Edit the feature icon by clicking it, then selecting a new image from the fly-up menu.
- Toggle the feature on/off.
- Jump to a specific section (i.e. Content or Custom Design) to adjust the feature settings.
Customizing the Fan Wall Content
Having navigated to Create -> Build -> <Name_of_the_Fan_Wall_Feature> -> Content, you can rename the feature and manage posts.
1. Under Screen Info, change your Screen/Feature Name or leave as-is. This is the name that will appear in the app's feature menu (e.g. "Reviews" as opposed to "Fan Wall").
2. Under Posts, view and delete comments.
Note: When you first set this feature up under the Posts Section you will see a message 'Nothing Found'. This is expected as no app user has posted yet.
3. Click SAVE at the top right when you are done.
If you would like to create a custom design for this feature instead of using the Global Design, you can do so here. Skip over this section if not.
You can also check the video below for a quick overview of the Fan Wall Feature.
You will now be able to find your Website feature under the list of the active features. Just navigate to Create -> Build -> <name_of_Fan_Wall_feature>.
You can see below examples of Fan Wall Features (ie how they look on the app side)