The Cedar release brings some new features and improvements that change communication and interaction with small business customers. This article explains the new features that are part of the latest Cedar release.
Food Ordering Feature
- Multiple pizza sauce types are available. Limits the user to select just one, or even two.
- Select the quantity of food the customer can add by giving them a specific range to choose from. (ex. Allow a customer to add up to 3x the chicken to their pizza)
- Pick your own text for the ‘Search for location’ button ex: ‘Order Now!’
- If you only have one location, the feature will now skip the location selection step.
- Edit items already in cart.
- If a customer is attempting delivery but they are outside the delivery radius, they will now be prompted to pick up their order.
- Switch between the location-based and directory based modes.
- Website, Call, Directions, and Email buttons are all optional now.
- Left and Right images are now buttons that can link out to other tabs or websites. The images can also be hidden altogether.
- Location Mode:
- Opening hours section will not display if empty.
- Directory Mode:
- Choose your header image instead of the map view.
- Option to enable a description field for more information.
Custom News Feature
- News widget now has a ticker like animation with applicable thumbnails.
- Ability to use custom headlines. These can link to its own description information, other feature in the app, or a web URL.
- Change image handling throughout the app to Aspect Fill;
- Additional web view option for improved handling, password keeping, and iCloud Keychain support;
- Highlight to show modern more button location;
- New custom loading animation;
- Added search to ‘more list’ view;
- Unread Messages Improvements;
- Golf Course Tee improvements; and
- New UI for membership feature.
Updating Your Apps
Read over all the reasons necessary to republish/update an app.