The Cherry release brings some new features and improvements that change communication and interaction with small business customers. This article explains the new features that are part of the latest Cherry release.
Feature Releases (Update Required)
- Native Food Ordering feature: Replaces the HTML5 version and introduces cool new features
- Blur Effect: Add this to your images for quick, great-looking designs
- Braintree integration: A smarter way to accept payments through the new Food Ordering feature (update only required for native Food Ordering; Braintree will work with new HTML5 version)
Feature Upgrades (Update Required)
- Improvements to image display and handling.
- Improvements to GPS function.
Feature Upgrades (No Update Required)
- Food Ordering: The new HTML5 upgrade is just a toggle away
iOS-Specific (Update Required)
- Around Us: Optimized layout on larger iPhones when Comments are hidden (see below for the previous layout).
- PDF and Web Site: Print function is now a selectable option (enable/disable from the CMS).
- UI tweaks for the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Thumbnail images now use aspect fill instead of being stretched vertically/horizontally.
- Keyboard displays improved in landscape view on iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Email Collection: Re-ask frequency improved
- Image Gallery: Removed "nothing found" message when images are loading
- Loyalty: Download reward prompt will no longer direct user to the tab when they click "Close"
- Mailing List: "Use Alphabet" toggle added for the Zip Code keyboard.69*
- Real Estate: Thumbnail images in the gallery will respond properly when tapped on iPhone 6
- Walkthrough: "Get Started" button will translate properly
Updating Your Apps
Read over all the reasons why it is necessary to republish/update an app.