When you need the APK file of your app, you might realize you have not received your APK file after you have published your App on the CMS platform. Follow the steps below to access the APK file.
After submitting your Android App, you cannot locate the automated email containing the APK file, due to one of the following reasons:
- you failed to receive the automated email containing the APK due to email server restrictions imposed by your administrator.
- the automated email has been received but it is located in your junk, spam, promotional or some other folder - other than your inbox - of your mailbox.
- the APK file was not generated because the App name or App icon name has an apostrophe. In the screenshot below you can see that both the App Name and the App Icon Name contain an apostrophe character.
1. Check your email inbox.
- Check all your email folders/labels. Maybe the automated email with the APK file is not in your inbox but some other folder (eg spam, promotional, junk etc).
- Check with your email administrator if there's any restriction set for receiving emails from email@example.com
- If you still haven't found the email with the APK file, proceed to the next step
Note: Unmasked emails (@gmail.com, rather than @yourappcompany.com) work best for receiving APK files.
2. a) Check if the App Name or the App Icon Name has an apostrophe (see screenshot above in the Diagnosis Section). If either of these two has an apostrophe, the APK generation will have failed.
b) Should that be the case, generate a new APK file having changed the App Name and/or App Icon
- Login on the CMS platform onto your account
- Log in to the app you want to generate the APK for and navigate to the Publish step.
- Confirm that all the required fields are filled and change the App Name and/or App Icon ensuring they don't contain an apostrophe.
- Select the platform you intend to publish the app into as shown in the screenshot below and then hit the ‘Submit’ button.
- In the ‘Publish Info Confirmation Email’ form, enter your email address into the Email address field.
- In the ‘Special Instructions’ form, enter ‘APK’ in the Special instruction field and then hit the ‘Submit’.
3. If the steps below didn't help, then use the article Need APK file for Android to fill the request form for obtaining a download link for the APK file of your app.
You will have managed to either find or receive a new email in your inbox containing the APK file