The Chestnut release brings some fantastic new features and improvements that change the way we communicate and interact with small business customers. This article explains the new features that are part of the latest Chestnut release.
Feature Releases (Update Required)
- Golf Course Tab
- Custom translations for Reseller accounts
- iAds for iOS (currently discontinued by Apple)
- 64-bit architecture
Feature Upgrades (Update Required)
- Loyalty Tab: Gauge view added.
- Comment disabling: Disable commenting abilities for tabs like Events v2, Contact, Info, etc. through the Settings Page.
- Social Tab: Users will be indefinitely logged into their Facebook/Twitter accounts after syncing.
- Real Estate Tab: Enable or disable the Rent/Own filter to combine or separate listings.
- RSS Feed Tab: Organize items in ascending or descending order.
- Reservation Tab: Add appointments to your device calendar. Select from miles or kilometers in the back-end.
- Food Ordering and Merchandise Tabs: Users will see an "Are you sure?" prompt to prevent them from losing their orders when they hit the back button.
- Quality of social media avatars (user profile pictures) in the Fan Wall Tab, activity streams, etc., have been boosted.
- Push Notifications: Improved reliability with a customizable "Notify Me" prompt.
iOS-Specific (Update Required)
- Tell Friend Tab: Select from new sharing options based on your installed apps.
- YouTube Channel Tab: Users directed to the YouTube site when commenting.
Android-Specific (Update Required)
- Map views have been upgraded throughout the app.
- Music Tab: Now compatible with iTunes files.
- Facebook News: No longer appears in the News Tab
- Google Plus Integration: No longer appears in the Social Tab or elsewhere
- In-app YouTube commenting (see the iOS-Specific section above for details)
- AdMob and Doubleclick for iOS (replaced by iAds): Both will continue working on Android
Other iOS Improvements
- Appearance: Translucent Modern menu background; Small gap above ads fixed; Global animation for show/hide of list views (dropdown icon); Pull down to enlarge map view
- Around Us Tab: Added "Web site is not available" prompt when the button is clicked and no URL is provided.
- Contact Tab: Adjusted order of address lines.
- Events v2 Tab: Adjusted order of address lines.
- Image Gallery Tab: Added the "Load More" button.
- Info Tab: Embedded Google Maps & Facebook links now open outside the app.
- Loyalty Tab: Removed inner shadow from the progress bar.
- Messages Tab: Changed to home screen widget due to Apple rejections.
- Mortgage Calculator Tab: Layout improvements.
- QR Coupon Tab: Instructional text updated.
- Real Estate Tab: UI updates; "N/A" now displays in the pricing field when "N/A" is used on the web.
- RSS Feed Tab: Full article descriptions and Google News.
- Social Tab: Onboarding pop-up uses animation from Golf Course score edit panel.
- Walkthrough Tab: iPad layout improvements.
Updating Your Apps
Read over all the reasons necessary to republish/update an app.
Article is closed for comments.