These days, Reviews are imperative to the success of your business. Online reviews establish your line of credibility and impact consumer's decision to visit or not visit your business. While Google has not released any details about their Local search algorithm (Local Pack), the number of reviews and average rating of your business factor into where you will appear within the search results.
With that said, we are happy to introduce Campaigns with Cardiff! Our first Campaign is the Reviews Add-on. Use this feature to prompt customer reviews and move your business into the local pack! While we highly recommend updating to our Cardiff source code, below are some alternative options for integrating reviews into your apps that are running Coronado or before.
Increase Organic Traffic
Create a "Review Us" Website Feature inside your app. Add your business's social media and review site pages. Use the "Best of both worlds" option here to use a special browser that when opened will maintain the users logged in session to Facebook, Google, Yelp, etc. This reduces friction on your end users so it's far fewer steps for the customer to review your business.
Add a Direct Google Reviews URL
Follow these steps to get a direct review URL:
- Follow the steps outlined in the below-linked Google KB article to create your business's direct review URL:
Create a link for customers to write reviews
- You will end up getting a URL like this:
- Load this address in your browser to get the following URL:
- Now select the 'XX Google Reviews' link, then the 'Write a review' button.
- If you take the URL from your browser and add a ,5 to it you should see it work! (sometimes its best to load the completed URL on your mobile device)
Other Methods to Encourage Reviews
- Get creative! Link your home screen animated images to the "Review Us" Website Feature or use the News Feature and add custom headlines to scroll through the ticker on the bottom of your home screen.
- Add your social and review site URLs to your food ordering and merchandise receipt emails to encourage positive reviews after your customers interact with your business!
- Incorporate your review site URLs into your invoices to promote more visibility.
- Add icons to your webpage or post them on your storefront windows.
- Showcase your social icons in your email signature.
- Incorporate as part of your sales process.
- Include links to social review sites within newsletters and marketing material.
- Push Notifications: Be Careful! If you have hundreds, or even thousands of users and send a "Review Us!" push notification linking to a review page on Yelp, Google, etc., you can cause more bad than good. These review sites will see this as a nonorganic uptick in ratings/reviews and can flag your account or worse!
- Shilling: This is a huge red flag to all review sites. It's against their Terms of Service to bribe or pay customers for reviews. Trust us it's not worth it! You can be friendly and politely ask your customers if they would like to take time to review, but don't offer them free merchandise for writing you positive reviews!